I enjoy my boat and wish I could spend more time sailing than working.
For years i’ve sailed. My folks begin the family sailing adventures in the middle ’70s. This was done through a club that taught sailing and sold ‘time’ on their fleet of boats – Neptunes and Macgregors. The family also did some rentals of larger boats (mostly Catalinas) in the Washington State and Canadian San Juan Islands. In the early 80’s my folks purchased a Cheoy Lee 32 (1979 manufacture). This boat stayed in the family for just over ten years.
After I finished my years of college I worked in Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, eastern Washington and Ohio. During this time I did not sail … but the bug would bite at times and I would think about getting a trailerable sailboat. When in Minnesota I inspected a Montgomery 15 in a boat yard.
In mid-2006 I returned to the Seattle area to be close to my family. Additionally I wanted to return to the mountains and waters to again enjoy my ‘out of doors’ hobbies. I quickly started a search for a boat. The stars were in alignment and after only a few months i found the M15 that would become my Scred.
Besides sailing I have the following interests –
- reading: sci-fi, stephen king, history, mystery, sailing books & mags … ok, anything printed …
- flight simulation: microsoft flight simulator v1-9 (i still don’t like FSX(10)), software development & support (www.feelthere.com), and ATC simulation (www.atcsuite.com)
- camping: my mini-camper is a Roamin’ Chariot (no longer built .. a victim of the economy downturn, after 45 years of production, in 2009.
- bird hunting: upland, duck and goose
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K):
- Momma Kitty my sailing cat (https://m17-375.com/contact/momma-kitty/)